Thursday, October 15, 2020

Class Presentations: Telephone




        I have grown up in an age of so much technological evolvement. All my life I have had a phone whether it be a land line or a cell phone, one has been available to me, but I never knew the history behind the phone until these presentations. 1876 was the year the patent was given for the first telephone, yet in my mind telephones have only been around since the mid 20th century. I was shocked by how early phones and other communication devices were being created. AT&T has been around since 1877-this information through me off guard. I really did not think AT&T would be so old, I thought it was maybe 40 maybe 50 years old max. I did not believe it was created so many years ago. I found it interesting that the phone has helped improve communication with the deaf since when I think phone, I think phone call-this is something I definitely want to look into more. Overall, the presentation on the telephone and the advances it has made truly taught me a lot. I came to find I really knew nothing about this technology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 11: Final Blog

       So many people say that "kids these days" are addicted to our phones and social media, and while this may be true for some ...